Luvera Law Firm Scholarship
Full and equal access to the courts and the right to a jury trial—without limitation or restriction—are fundamental rights of all Americans who are injured by negligent or reckless individuals, corporations, or governmental entities.
Many students enroll in law school to serve as champions of the underdog. They are committed to preserving a vigorous civil justice system, and to achieving justice for those who have been injured.
To support the pursuit of justice, equality, and fairness in the legal process, Luvera Law Firm has created the annual Luvera Law Firm Scholarship; it will assist a student who shares these ideals as she or he begins law school.
The $2,000 scholarship will help defray expenses for a student who has been accepted into or in enrolled in an accredited law school in Washington or elsewhere in the United States for enrollment in the fall of the application year.
“Perhaps there is no higher calling in the legal field than to achieve a just result for someone who has been severely injured by the misconduct of others. From the badly injured to those who have suffered the loss of a loved one, our clients inspire us to find the truth and impose accountability, so that they are fully compensated for the harm done—and that those who do wrong are deterred from hurting others in the future,” said Robert Gellatly, a partner at Luvera Law Firm and a renowned personal injury attorney in practice for nearly 30 years. “Our scholarship is designed to support a student who voices a similar commitment to injured people and to an honest, fair and strong civil justice system,” added Gellatly.
Applicants must submit the following by July 31 of the application year:
- A completed Luvera Scholarship Application Form
- Up to a three (3) page typed (double spaced) essay describing your interest in our civil justice system, personal injury law, and how you plan to pursue these interests in your legal career.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and an official and complete copy of undergraduate transcripts, with minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- An acceptance letter from an accredited law school within the United States
- Proof of legal residency in the United States (i.e., birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
- The Luvera Law Firm Scholarship is to be used exclusively for law school tuition and related expenses.
- A check for $2,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s law school to cover these expenses.
- Recipient is expected to comply with IRS regulations.
Scholarship applications may be mailed to:
Luvera Law Firm
701 Fifth Avenue, Suite 6700
Seattle, WA 98104
or emailed to moc.m1444156093rifwa1444156093larev1444156093ul@be1444156093welgo1444156093og1444156093.
Past Luvera Scholarship Winners: